CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Evaluation Day 1


What a day! It was a full day and exhausting - - just like they said it would be.
Hannah started out with more lab work today then lots of meeting with therapists and nurses.



I was in a parent meeting from 10:00a to 11:00a. By the time 11:00a rolled around I was worn out! Being so immersed in the reality of the situation is just draining. You can see that by the time we had lunch, Hannah was looking a little worn too!



After lunch some of the kids in the program found Hannah and introduced themselves to her. It was super sweet of them and helped Hannah feel more at ease. We learned that about 78% of the kids in the program are girls. Interesting.

In the afternoon Hannah met with more professionals and did a lot of answering questions including a computer survery about her pain. She also got to spend time with the other kids in the program which was really great for her.




By the end of the day we were ready to just head back to the hotel and relax for the rest of the evening!




Tomorrow is the second day of evaluations and Friday will be her first day in the program. The kids we talked to were all very positive about the program. Very encouraging!

7 comments:

  1. Hannah! I am praying for you and thinking of you! We miss y'all lots! God has you right in the palm of His hand! Love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I am drained reading this blog entry! What an exhausting day for you both. I am SO GLAD to hear that Hannah met some other kids in the program. What an encouragement to her, but even more exciting is Hannah will be an encouragement to them!

    I LOVE this blog, Anne!! Thanks so much for keeping a journal of your stay there...so we can know what to expect along the way and to know what to pray for. PLEASE let us know if you need ANYthing, okay? You know my #!!

    Love y'all!!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you lovely ladies!! Thanks for keeping us posted this way! God is and always will be in control!! :D
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that God will order your steps through the rigor of evaluations on day two. May He renew your stength and carry you through the unknown details. Love YOU bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sweet Hannah and precious Anne --
    I miss you both! I can't believe that ya'll are really gone from us. Sarah Jordan has been busy with the Harwoods today and I with work, but you're still in my constant thoughts and prayers.
    You are both missed every moment of the day.

    I love you,
    Your daddy and Annie's lifemate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In office ready for a big day -- thinking about your big day!.....
    Praying for a wonderful day filled with good things, including help from your doctors. I pray that it's not too overwhelming for you with all the information and tests today.

    All my love,
    your daddy and Annie's lifemate!

    ReplyDelete