CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

PRC Day 1

Today was Hannah's first day! I really did stay in bed while she met the shuttle at 7:15a! I'm pretty sure that takes me out of the running for Mother of the Year. I left later and walked. It is only a six minute walk. Today it was snowy and windy and about 9 degrees (-11 real feel), but I didn't care. I wanted to walk. I wanted to feel the brisk air and clear my head. It felt good.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we have 2 hours of parent group time. It is nice to listen to other parents who are dealing with the same types of issues and struggles. It is especially helpful to have someone give guidance on how to deal with all of it. The only thing I don't like about this group meeting is that they make me talk. Yuk!



This program is very intense physically and emotionally. I am incredibly grateful that she has the opportunity to be a part of the program. I know that what she is learning will help her to live a normal, productive life with pain. They had Hannah doing crunches today! Hannah has never done a crunch in her life! We have always believed that she could not do crunches (because of previous surgeries) so for her to do them the first day is unbelieveable. Makes me wonder what she will be doing on day 15!



When I met with her case manager/nurse she shared with me that she was thrilled when Hannah shared with her that she has a spiritual life. And when she found out that Hannah's dad was a pastor she was beside herself with excitement. Kids who have a spiritual life do much better in the program. I imagine there are a lot of reasons for that. The power of prayer. The hope. The joy. The knowledge that all of this is only temporary. And the overwhelming amount of support from brothers and sisters in Christ. For which we are incredibly thankful. And humbled.



Hannah had the chance today to talk to some of the kids about her history and their history. It is the first time in her life that she has been able to talk to kids her age that have the same concerns, fears and feelings as her.


Today is Friday at the Ronald McDonald House (and probably where you are, too!) and each Friday they have a little surprise for the kids in their box. A couple of Beanie Babies and some treats. A nice smile at the end of a rough week. :)

4 comments:

  1. i am so thankful for this blog anne! what a great way for us to know what is happening each day, how to pray... thanks for posting everything! i LOVE that God is already putting relationships in front of you both- it almost like He has an eternal plan or something:)! love to you both! rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...you know I've already stolen the Mother of the Year award from YOU...remember you're raising my girls, right?!? :)

    I'm so excited to see what God has in store...no eye has seen...no ear has heard...beyond your wildest imagination...what God has planned for Hannah! (1 Corinthians 2.9)

    Happy Friday to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Montgomery girls! Another full day by the sound of your posts....WOW! I'm blown away, each day, reading your posts how much is involved with this program. I can already see friendships being formed in the pictures...love it!

    As Rachel said...it's almost like there is an eternal plan. :) As we pray for Hannah's healing, and comfort from her daily pain, we are also praying that you two will be able to share the gospel and your source of "hope" to those you come in contact with. Everything and anything that is in our path and sight has a divine and eternal purpose. May the Lord continue to guide and bless your steps each and every day!!

    Have a WONDERFUL weekend! (((HUG)))

    Love y'all - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweet ladies!
    I can't believe that it's only been 4 days since you have been gone. It truly feels like several weeks already. You both are certainly missed around here!!!
    Your first days have certainly been full and I'm sure they have made you very tired. I hope that today you will be able to relax and allow your bodies to rest.
    Between Sarah's schedule, the animals, my school, work, and church life, we have been staying busy here too. Unfortunately, no rest for me today. I must continue working on my two papers. I'm not sure that I'll be able to get both of them completed by Sunday night, but I can't dwell on it any longer and must keep it all in perspective. Worrying about this won't get it done faster and definitely keeps me from sleeping well. So, I'm just gonna get done what I can each day.

    Sarah had a fun time with Ms. Lisa Frank last night. As you know, Lisa took her to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at Rogers Little Theater. She had a great time! Today she has swimming and then we have dinner with our intern, Aaron, at the Hodde's home tonight. Other than that, I'll be studying!

    After these four long days, I'm not sure that I'm gonna be able to make it without both of you for another 3 weeks. Yet, with God's strength I'm gonna do the best I can.

    I'm so excited that both of you have met parents and students there with whom you can fellowship with during your long stay in Rochester. I'm so glad that Hannah's doctor's and clinicians say that she is on the right track. This is a definite answered prayer! Annie, I hope that you are able to get some time alone each day to recharge. I know that this is not easy being away from home, SJ and myself (I'm not including the animals...). Yet, we both know that this is what Hannah needs right now in her life. Our prayers, thoughts, and love are sent your way throughout each day.

    Thank you for putting this wonderful blog together. Along with our phone calls and texts throughout the day, It has helped me stay up with what is happening with both of you at the clinic.

    We love you and miss you.
    All our love,
    Ken and Sarah Jordan

    ReplyDelete