CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

PRC Day 2

I attempted to redeem myself today by rising early enough to ride the shuttle with the rest of the kids and their parents. That means I have to be downstairs by 7:15a with Hannah. Every day. Makes me yawn just thinking about it!

Today was 2 hours of parent meeting. It is a great resource and I really like having this time but it is just hard.

The program provided lunch today so everyone eats together in the atrium.




Hannah uses her time between groups to read. They try to give the kids about 5 minutes between each session to check their cell phones. Boy have times changed! Hannah turns hers off before she even leaves our room. She doesn't turn it back on until the day is over. I think she is avoiding me.


The program has a bunch of these white boards on wheels that they use all the time. Today Hannah had to draw a picture of her communication. Mom and dad scored between church (high end) and the dogs (low end). It could be worse. We could be after the dogs. In fact, now that I think about it. She is a teenager. We should be grateful we are before the dogs.


Hannah has started putting a scripture verse on her door for each day of the program. Two days, two verses. She has already had someone in the program talk to her about them. And again I realize that this would have been a better picture if I had cut out the obnoxious light on the left. I am learning. Slowly, but surely.


I know that this is only day 2 but I can already see changes in Hannah. In fact, I noticed changes after day 1 but I was a little hesitant to say so - - seemed too early. She is really doing well!

3 comments:

  1. This post made me LAUGH!! HA! You trying to "redeem" yourself on the early morning shuttle to Hannah "avoiding" you on her phone! It just cracks me up...and I can soooooo see this going on up there! LOL

    I had mentioned to you how God will somehow use this for His glory...and seeing the verses posted outside your door does that very thing. What an amazing platform to display who your redeemer is...who relieves your pain, hurt and worry.

    So EXCITED to hear (or see in print) that you are seeing changes in Hannah!!! FAVORITE post ever!! Praying that will God will continue showing up and showing off! He is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading the blog! If you are keeping score... it looks like the line for Mom is a little thicker than the line for Dad! :-) So he must be a little closer to the dogs than you are! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaack!! Hannah!! Do NOT throw away the verses on your door...we absolutely MUST scrapbook them. :) I just received a box of new goodies...and they have your name written all over them. Totally not kidding...wanna guess the color combo?!? ;)

    I love the verse per day...super creative and an amazing way to share your faith. May others be drawn to the truth in each verse.

    ReplyDelete